Translate

Friday 28 February 2014

English schools

I am participating in an exchange program between Spanish and English students so I can get to know the English educative system. So far, the experience has been really good. I have seen how things can be done in a really different way (specially when you don't lack human and material resources). I will try to post regularly about my experiences here (obviously without telling you the name of the school or any other information, which is of course confidential). In addition, I'll try to post some photos (without children) so you can see how their classes look like.

So far, the most remarkable thing I've seen is that for this children (for most of them anyway) getting to read a book is a reward rather than a punishment. This is very telling of what is the result of a very well done jog in reading promotion. My most sincere compliments to the teachers, specially those in the first years, that managed to seed such love for books in the children, instead of making them hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment